Sunday 31 August, 2008

Email ids

None of my email ids is really intuitive. I finally feel the need to have the same (and easy to pronounce, understand and remember) email id across all the domains. But as I understand, it is not possible to "rename" an email id. Ideally this is what I would like to have.
1) My existing email id is foo.MOSTLYMEANINGLESSCRAP@gmail.com
2) I change it to foo.bar@gmail.com
3) Ppl who had my previous id continue using it without a problem.

My temporary solution for this is as follows:
1) create a new id
2) Autoforward all the mail from your old email.
3) Set outgoing address of both the accounts to your new id.
The only problem is chats cannot be connected this way. So I have to add all my contacts again in my chat contacts list.

I have set up everything. Let me see how it works. Meanwhile if you have a better solution please let me know.

No comments: