Friday 19 January, 2007

Hypocrisy

Everyone hates it but everyone practices it. It is very well said that "Survival and lack of hypocrisy cannot co-exist". Not many days ago, I heard a young man complaining about corruption in the system, comfortably forgetting how had he bribed a transporter to get fake bills of expenses that were never incurred. What right does he have to complain about corruption when he himself does it ? But.... people do and they will continue to.

As I write this, I should confess that I myself am no exception. And I think none of us is...

This makes me take a look at one more thing which I hate (and off course practice ) ... 'lying'. When other people do it, it's called 'prevarication' but when I do it it's 'handling a tough situation'. I think it should be called 'saving one's a**'. Exactly an year ago, I was giving my job interview and was asked whether I had any plans for higher education. I remember how well had I explained why it is not
possible for me to study any further (while I had already applied for higher studies). Although my brain says "I was just being practical", the inside me knows I had been untruthful.

I keep wondering why can't we be true to ourselves. Be honest atleast with our own soul. I think the problem here is that the nature is an analog system. And our soul to is a part of it. There is no zero no one; no black no white. Everything is grey. Each on of us is a shade of grey. I just want to try to be as lighter grey as I can.

2 comments:

SEV said...

You seem to be a tad harsh on yourself.. the question is never of grey, black, white or anything else; its about whether you can even see the colours in the first place :)

Ashish said...

"Nothing is good or bad...thinking makes it so."